The battle has long been over. The end of the story has been written. Time is short. There is only one thing left to do. Be obedient to the Word of God. It’s not impossible. It’s the best way to live, the only way to truly have life.
We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. 4 Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. 5 But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did. 1John 2:3-6
Obedience is costly. But it is more then worth it…..(to be continued)
It is a real unfortunate fact that “church” has hurt the very people it is supposed to reach. The girl that gave in and feels so less then, comes to a church to be isolated because of her choices. The single mom with the autistic son that just can’t bring herself to subject her child to dirty looks because he is “inappropriate” chooses to stay home. The wife that could not be faithful receives pity while the husband is judged as not “being there”. The fact is that Jesus see’s NONE OF THIS. We are to have not only the heart of the Lord, but to see with His eyes.
Now if you thought I was talking about the ones that inflicted this judgement, here is a surprise for you. I am speaking to the hurt, the betrayed, the ones that have had their faith smashed by cruel judgements, forced to withstand looks of disdain from the “self righteous”. So you’ve been hurt. Don’t you think Jesus knows? He was betrayed, abandoned, and ultimately crucified. I think He knows a thing or two about pain. I get it. Been there. BUT are you not just as guilty for returning the hurt with your unforgiveness, even bitterness. In fact you hurt yourself more by running from the Body of Christ. You take your hurt and dig deeper into that wound by never healing. You can not and will not heal by running.
Fact: God wants His people to love one another. So they hurt you. But have you ever thought that maybe its NOT ABOUT YOU? You are there for a purpose and it’s not for YOU.
Nobody should seek his own good, but for the good of others… 1 Cor 10:24
Fact: No one individual has the total vision for God’s will for His body. There are NO LONE RANGERS that are fulfilling God’s Will or in His Will. Your “opinion” is irrelevant. Your “feelings” are irrelevant.
I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of Lord Jesus Christ, that ALL of you agree with one another so that there be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. 1 Cor 1:10
Fact: God adds members to the body as it pleases Him for the common good of the whole body. So who are you to judge a persons’ value to the body? I’ll be frank, how dare you. Do you not see how you insult God when you insult one of His children, one that he brought to you for the good of His will? Do not run someone off simply because you do not understand.
…God has put the body together… 1 Cor 12:24
Fact: In order for the “Body” to be healthy the members must be healthy. If there is an issue it must be addressed, or like a disease, it can spread, crippling the body. All members are interdependent and need one another.
So if one member suffers, all the members will suffer with it; if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it. 1 Cor 12:26
Becoming part of the body of Christ is a covenant relationship. This is the tie that binds. We must acknowledge and seek the role each member is to take part in as the Lord see’s fit. It’s not just as simple as having your name included in the church directory. Likewise it is not just as simple to remove your name either by simply deleting the entry.
Whole body life begins when each person is in a right relationship with God, in an intimate love relationship. It continues as all members become rightly related to Jesus as head of the church. Right relationships with God are far more important then the petty things we let get in the way.
To be rightly related to one another is not so difficult. Simple daily reading of the Scriptures will reveal in a very clear manner just what we need to BE. (Being is so much more important then simply doing…acting)
- Accept anyone who is weak in faith, but do not argue about doubtful issues. Romans 14:1
- Therefore, let us no longer criticize one another. Instead decide never to put a stumbling block or pitfall in your brother’s way. Romans 14: 13
- No one should seek his own good, but the good of the other person. 1 Cor 10:24
- Since you put away lying, speak the truth, each one to his neighbor, because we are members of one another. Eph 4:25
- NO foul language is to come from your mouth, but only what is good for building up someone in need. Eph 4:29
- All bitterness, anger, and wrath,shouting, and slander must be removed from you, along with malice. And be compassionate to one another, forgiving one another, just as God also forgave you in Christ. Eph 4:31-32
- Speaking to one another in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and making music from your heart to the Lord, giving thanks always for everything to God the Father in the name of Jesus… Eph 5:19-20
- Submitting to one another in the fear of Christ. Eph 5:21
- Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Col 3:13-14
These are the ties that bind.